- Liability insurance will pay for any damage that can occur while a reputable company is working on your property or surrounding properties. If an accident should occur, an insured company can have someone there to repair any damages at no cost to you.
- If a company is not insured, legal fees for chasing a disreputable company can cost much more than the damage itself and can also result in tremendous lawsuits.
- Make sure the company working on your property has proper liability insurance and is insured for what it is doing, e.g., a tree service being insured for tree work, tree removal, pruning, topping, etc. and not landscaping or gutter repair or excavating. If a company is doing work it is not properly insured to do and an accident occurs, it will not be covered by the insurance carrier.
- As with workers' compensation, you should request a Certificate of Insurance for liability from the insurance company for you to have and keep on file for your protection.
- Make sure the amount of insurance is enough to protect you from a large claim. Some companies may only carry a $20,000 liability policy, which may not be enough to cover even the smallest claims.
At Haskell Tree Service Inc., we carry $2,000,000.00 of liability insurance and workers' compensation and provide certificates on request.